Monday 17 November 2014

Andres Villarruel MANGAS


Welcome to my World.

My passion for drawings was evident very early in my teens, after I discovered the smell of oil paintings at the age of 7 years old in the Studio-school of painting of my uncle ( Academia Villarruel ) in Leon ( Spain ).

I received my formation from 1953-1963.

The description of my Art is at once Poetic, Symbolic and Surreal. But it will be more simple to be called Andres Mangas.

A longer description of my work:
My work is a mixture of Realism and Surrealism, I am inspired by the Old Masters and by my idol Salvador Dali. The psychedelic and surreal is on most of my paintings and titles, the poetic, and the Symbolism complete the mixture.

My technique requires a high degree of organization and respect for the drying time. After the preparation of a fondation, I apply the color by transparencies ( glazes ) using pure colors. a technique that can be applied using polymerized linseed oil and resin ( Venice turpentine, and Copal ).

Transparencies, innumerable glazes, rich in detail in a smooth bill, united and polished with a planned improvisation and plurality of meanings seeking:
The Perfection of the Form, Color and Composition.

Andres Mangas




No comments:

Post a Comment